GENERAL DESCRIPTIONBrainspotting is a powerful and focused treatment method. It works through identifying, processing and liberating the neurophysiologic nuclei of a variety of defiant symptoms associated with emotional/physiological pain, trauma, and dissociation.
The training in Group Brainspotting prepares the participants to use the theory and different types/setups of BSP hand by hand with group theory and practice. It conjugates Brainspotting with Psychodrama, Theraplay and neuroscience. The participants will be able to use what they learn in this theoretical and practical training in their everyday practice when working with groups and crisis intervention.
In addition, the training provides consultation hours. Through this, the training will provide the space to enhance/develop abilities for Group Brainspotting.
• Identify the pillars of Brainspotting theory and how they support Brainspotting group work.
• Explain the benefits of using this group tool in professional practice.
• Identify the neurological bases of trauma work and group work
• Use the introduction to group work to determine the types of groups, the stages of the group for its application with Group Brainspotting.
• List three goals for group work and crisis intervention
• Describe the considerations for group work concerning facilitation, psycho-education, stabilization, materials, history taking, psychometrics and follow-up
• Identify inclusion or exclusion criteria in different stages of the work
• Apply different types of Brainspotting setups in group work
ABOUT THE TRAINER:
Glenda Villamarín LCP.
Clinical Psychologist, Senior Brainspotting Trainer for Latin America, supervisor and certified therapist (Brainspotting Inc.). EMDR Trainer, Consultant and Certified therapist (EMDR IBA and EMDR Institute). Theraplay Trainer, Supervisor and Certified Practitioner (Theraplay Institute). Psychodrama therapist and trainer (APSE). Certified in IPMHP (Infant-Parent Mental Health Program at UMASS-B). NMT Ph1 certified (Neurosecuential Model of Therapeutics).
- Training approved by Brainspotting Trainings, Inc., David Grand.PhDh